Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Wisconsin

Carrie from The Badger State asks.

I have a question for you that I am pretty sure only YOU can answer...Who put the bop in the bopshubopshubop?

Ok this is not that hard people... use your friggin browser search and type in your query...

Oh you want me to comment.... well Im not going to... i am going to spit out some useless info and then I am going to bed.

Barry Mann (born Barry Imberman on February 9, 1939 in Brooklyn, New York) and his wife Cynthia I believe... in 1961 wrote a novelty song that made the Top 10 with "Who Put The Bomp", which parodied the nonsense words of the then-recently popular doo wop songs.

In 1987, he was inducted with his wife into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.


Don't confuse this song with Sha Boom, Sha Boom,...... That lyric was made up in reference to bombs falling on some poor bastard's neighbor hood.... get it ssssssssshhhh ....BOOM!

No comments: